HOME - Submit News/Events or Editorials to: danielmccreeorg@gmail.com
Or editor@danielmccree.org

FEATURES EVENTS FACEBOOK HOME
MetroEast News - Serving the Southern Illinois Region

Monday, August 6, 2012

Thoughts from a Mouthy Saint: Beyond our Imagination



AUGUST FEATURE


Thoughts from a Mouthy Saint: Beyond our Imagination
By: Colby Kluthe, MetroEast NEWS

The month of August is bound to be an interesting one, and a personal journey of faith and anticipation.   Several months ago, I was invited on an all-expenses trip to visit both South Africa and Zimbabwe on a 10 day journey.   Details beyond that, I really don't know.

"I have found that most opportunities are both the "impossible" as well as the "Fantastic" that one could never have imagined in the first place."

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
The miracles of life always seem to weave both elements together seamlessly.   I must admit that since the opportunity presented itself, I have been surrounded by energy surrounding the idea of South Africa.  It would seem that everywhere I looked and listened, a reference to the place was bound to whisper into my ear. 


Preparations for such a trip has included a significant delay in receiving my passport, proving my citizenship, medical preparations and more. Nonetheless, having walked forward diligently towards the goal, only a few days sit between my comfort zone and my own leap into the journey that is most certainly to be fantastic as well as an exercise in my own ability to take the journey without many details.   


Opportunities always seem to  implore each of us to "just Go!"  -and you will be blessed.   And for now, that is all that any of us can know as we weave our way down our own road.   For me, I am trying to not imagine anything in advance and simply take time to reflect on the journey rather than the "how".   It simply IS and will be if we are willing to walk towards it.


So there is the scoop on why the August Issue came out a few days early.  The journey for me shall include traveling from Joplin,MO to St. Louis on the 29th, and details remain foggy except that I should return to St. Louis around August 10th.   It may even take a day or three before I find myself back in Joplin.   So until then... keep walking and "Bee Blessed".
-Colby

2012 Digital Directory



www.DanielMcCree.Org

Thanks for everyone's patience...

BellevillePride~ MetroEast News