HOME - Submit News/Events or Editorials to: danielmccreeorg@gmail.com
Or editor@danielmccree.org

FEATURES EVENTS FACEBOOK HOME
MetroEast News - Serving the Southern Illinois Region

Monday, August 29, 2011

"Thank God I Can Be OverSexed Again" - Tess Farnham

www.BellevillePride.Org
By: Tess Farnham-MetroEast NEWS 

August 29th, 2011
(BELLEVILLE)

"Thank God I Can Be OverSexed Again"


On Finding a Photo of an Ex-Boyfriend in the Seedy Section
of the Riverfront Times


O Here I sit with rum and raisins
poring over yesterday’s photo

Your skin. Your nipples.
Berry rubbed and airbrushed


"Romance
finis.
Your chance
finis.
Those ants
that invaded my pants
finis."


They’d cropped the top half
of your head
and I traced along your jawline

A blue band of language
barked out your armpit:

Wanna See the Rest of Me?
Dial 555-Guys

Another band higher, this time
fantastic with scat and jazz

"Thank God I can be oversexed again."

I might have known it was poetry
taking off the top of your head

(italicized excerpts are borrowed from Ella Fitzgerald’s recording of“Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”)

2012 Digital Directory



www.DanielMcCree.Org

Thanks for everyone's patience...

BellevillePride~ MetroEast News